Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Little Match Girl by Adrienne Ray (Read 1790 times)
Adrienne_Ray

I Love AR

The Little Match Girl by Adrienne Ray
Dec 30th, 2012, 4:12pm

Okay, so I'm writing about my own story. My husband is watching the Redskins game and I have nothing better to do. Go Cowboys!
Nothing says Christmas like a zombie apocalpse. You will notice that my take on the zombies is not in agreement with The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brookes. I don't feel too bad about it because The Walking Dead is also not in compliance with the zombie survival guide either. Who made Max Brookes zombie sherrif, anyway?
I have come to the conclusion that zombies are popular now because they are the one group that we can consider 'the enemy' without being told we have to be more understanding and to realize that zombies are people too. Even vampires have people pleading their case. Again, let me say that vampires are the whiners of the netherworld.They have superstrength and eternal youth and all they can do is complain.
So, I encourage you all to read my story and discuss here what you think about my take on zombies. And to all you vampires out there, suck it up and quit complaining.

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Re: The Little Match Girl by Adrienne Ray
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2012, 12:51pm

I think you’re on to something there.  Political correctness is killing off the bad guy’s one at a time.

Zombies on the other hand can be of any race, color, age, size, culture, sex etc.

By the way I loved the way you got rid of them in the story.

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Adrienne_Ray

I Love AR

Re: The Little Match Girl by Adrienne Ray
Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2013, 4:08pm

I don't think there is any other group that we can consider the 'bad guys' without feeling guilty about it. In the Walking Dead and in the Zombie Survival Book, they go through great pains to let you know that zombies don't have any loyalty to their former lives. So you should have no loyalty to them. The Survival Guide also lets you know that zombies don't really digest what they eat, so you can't feel sorry for them because they are hungry. They aren't getting any benefit from eating people.
I guess we are going to have to continue to invent villains that don't really exist so we can hope the good guys beat them without feeling like we're being mean to anyone.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print