Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
End of Days by Lawrence Pratt (Read 1284 times)
Jeangoldstrom
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I Love AR

End of Days by Lawrence Pratt
Aug 05th, 2015, 12:10am

I'm not enough of a Schwartzenegger fan to have seen the film you reference, Gary.

So I enjoyed the story as a stand-alone, and IMO it does a terrific job. The writer evokes the response of a highly intelligent alien race to the seemingly-endless folly here on Earth. People wonder at times why we have not been visited by space aliens. In my opinion, a race smart enough to travel in space would have a good view of what goes on here from their vantage points in space -- and avoid the place like the plague.
Mr. Pratt has done a great job in showing just how human folly could resonate with the brighter races of outer space, and no one could say the "brighter races" came to the wrong decision.
My only caveat would be, the loudest representatives of humankind tend to be the most disgusting ones, while the quiet, humble ones living good lives do it quietly.

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Re: End of Days by Lawrence Pratt
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2015, 6:24pm

I've often wondered the same thing. What on Earth could they possibly want from here. Literally, what?

Any technology that could make the trip wouldn't find anything here worth making the trip for.

Perhaps some professor types studying the backwards people at the edge of the galaxy. But other than that what would be the point of them making the effort?

Perhaps that is why they figure in science fiction so much, answering the why? Antiques?

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print