Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First time visitor -- who'd like a YA fantasy to review? (Read 771 times)
Richard
Anotherealm Newbies

I Love AR

First time visitor -- who'd like a YA fantasy to review?
Jul 24th, 2015, 12:08pm

Howdy.

Just discovered this site yesterday and was hoping to connect with readers who are looking for new and unusual literary themes a bit outside of the mainstream commercial fare.

"New ideas" (if there are such a thing) are interesting to me and, having the hubris to attempt such a thing, I published a Kindle book a year ago aiming to create such a product.

Which brings me to the point of my message --

Anyone interested in a free copy of an illustrated YA fantasy-humor novella in exchange for a review?

Here's the synopsis --  

King Norr of Nibb was not content.  He longed to know the world beyond his tiny, island kingdom. Why travel elsewhere, his people said.  What place could possibly be as perfect as Nibb?

Nevertheless, the king wistfully watched foreign vessels approach, hesitate, and then inevitably sail away.  Not once did one come to shore.  Why was that?

And that wasn't the only mystery.

What kind of sea leviathan lurked in coastal waters?

Who was the little girl who sang, but would not speak?

Had woolly drumbkins devoured Doctor Hinkus?

And most importantly, what’s for lunch?

It was a day unlike any other in drearily perfect Nibb.  If Norr was to get through it with a minimum of “haddocks,” it would certainly require an additional nap.

------------------------------------------

book particulars --

The Gift of the Quoxxel  

story, illustrations & music -- Richard Titus

features -- illustrations, interactive glossary, interactive music, sheet music

approximate length  -- 145 pages, 28K words

availability  -- Amazon Kindle

Facebook Page  -- The Gift of the Quoxxel

author's bio -- The Gift of the Quoxxel is Richard's first novel.  His life experience includes illustration, graphic design, art direction, typesetting, copy writing, military service, picture framing, truck dispatching, and an adequate meatloaf. Richard’s fine art oil paintings appear in several East Coast galleries and exhibitions.  A Michigan native and parochial school survivor, Richard resides with wife Marina close to, but just far enough away from, New York City where he ponders daily how-in-the-heck they got there.

------------------------------------------

I can provide a copy of the book in one of the following formats --

--  mobi file

--  gifted Kindle book

--  printed copy (8½ x 11 inches) sent to a postal address

I ask only one favor of reviewers in that they include as few spoilers as possible in a published review.  Other than that, I appreciate any comments you feel appropriate.

Interested?  Contact me by email at    quoxxel at gmail.com

subject line -- Quoxxel copy for review

Act today while supplies last !

Thanks for your attention.

Richard in Joisey

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print