Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Humans 'will become God-like cyborgs within 200 years' (Read 2331 times)
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Humans 'will become God-like cyborgs within 200 years'
May 25th, 2015, 4:45pm

Wealthy humans are likely become cyborgs within 200 years as they gradually merge with technology like computers and smart phones, a historian has claimed.

Yuval Noah Harari, a professor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, said the amalgamation of man and machine will be the ‘biggest evolution in biology’ since the emergence of life four billion years ago.

Prof Harari, who has written a landmark book charting the history of humanity, said mankind would evolve to become like gods with the power over death, and be as different from humans of today as we are from chimpanzees.

More here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/hay-festival/11627386/Humans-will-become-God-...

Science fiction or science fact? Of course the next question is do you believe it.

I'm still waiting for my flying car...  ;)

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Jeangoldstrom
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I Love AR

Re: Humans 'will become God-like cyborgs within 200 years'
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2015, 6:49pm

Become "God-like?" The first ones to get these treatments will be people like the Koch brothers, and (many-hearted) Dick Cheney.

Long life does not -- at least IMO -- equate with God-ness. More like demons, in the cases of those named above.

I think, Webbie, you will get your flying car before the rich attain anything like God-ness. Yes, they may live a long time. So do disease germs.

-- Jean

View Profile   IP Logged
ente per ente

Italy
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2015, 8:35am

Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink Well said....

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #3 - May 29th, 2015, 9:56am

Jeangoldstrom wrote on May 25th, 2015, 6:49pm:
Become "God-like?" The first ones to get these treatments will be people like the Koch brothers, and (many-hearted) Dick Cheney.

Long life does not -- at least IMO -- equate with God-ness. More like demons, in the cases of those named above.

I think, Webbie, you will get your flying car before the rich attain anything like God-ness. Yes, they may live a long time. So do disease germs.

-- Jean

Chuckle.... Don't forget to put Soros in your list for political balance. After all he does use more influence and money than the Koch brothers do in every election. He's just on the liberal side of the fence.

Or for that matter the "Political Class" in general.

Hmm, didn't they make a movie about that?

You are probably right about the car though. Sigh....

-W
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #4 - May 29th, 2015, 10:33am

Found this on-line with the typical premise, which by the way is flat out wrong as in incorrect.
But it is kinda relevant...

Quote:
With biologists getting closer and closer to reversing the aging process in human cells, the reality of greatly extended life draws closer. This brings up a very important conundrum: You can't tell people not to reproduce and you can't kill people to preserve resources and space. Even at our current growth rate there's not enough for everyone. Not enough food, not enough space, not enough medical care. If — no, when — age reversal becomes a reality, who gets to live? And if everyone gets to live, how will we provide for them?

A more realistic question is how do we tax them. But of course the brain trusts haven't thought this out that far yet...

-W
Jeangoldstrom
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I Love AR

Reply #5 - May 29th, 2015, 10:57am

Well, if the notorious and secretive TPP becomes reality, it won't matter. The corporatists will have _everything_ and the rest of us will have _nothing_. Problem solved....maybe.

Of course every now and then the lower classes (us) get sick of it all, and we have a French Revolution, a Tzarist revolution, the numeerous Dynastic revolutions in Asia...so maybe there is still hope.

Maybe.

You know how furious we lower ranks will be if only the top people have flying cars!

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #6 - May 29th, 2015, 9:42pm

Jeangoldstrom wrote on May 29th, 2015, 10:57am:
Well, if the notorious and secretive TPP becomes reality, it won't matter. The corporatists will have _everything_ and the rest of us will have _nothing_. Problem solved....maybe.

Of course every now and then the lower classes (us) get sick of it all, and we have a French Revolution, a Tzarist revolution, the numeerous Dynastic revolutions in Asia...so maybe there is still hope.

Maybe.

You know how furious we lower ranks will be if only the top people have flying cars!

Ah yes, the TPP. Another law/treaty that will be passed so we can find out what's in it. More goodies from "The Most Transparent Administration In History". Their words, not mine. Yea, I know, nobody really expects politicians to actually live up to their campaign promises.

So many secrets and still, no flying cars.  :(

-W
Jeangoldstrom
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I Love AR

Reply #7 - May 29th, 2015, 11:59pm

Maybe the flying cars are one of the secrets? Maybe that is what is in the TPP? Aha -- I think I have it. Our Transparent Administration (chortle giggle snort gag) will have Transparent Flying Cars so we commoners will not know they have them!

Whaddaya think?

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #8 - May 30th, 2015, 7:03pm

ROTHFLOL!!!!

Jean you are such a gem. Love you much!