Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Planning holidays in North America 2014... (Read 4208 times)
ente per ente

Italy
Planning holidays in North America 2014...
Sep 03rd, 2014, 3:14am

I'm just planning my next holidays to North America to be held in the middle of October, as always, more or less...I  and  another  scale modeler  from my Club  should be in Canada at first, going around in British Columbia and Ontario, and then,specifically, just in the Mid West of U.S.A. again...

Anyway,I  already planned  a  meeting. as usual, along with  some  well-known  members of Quantum Muse and Aphelion Magazine Forum ( or Aphelionites...eh,eh  ) that  will be held  on the dates above indicated, so, in case some  members of  AnotheRealm  Forum, too, are interested  in joining  our  small meeting/diner/lunch just let me know, it would be really a pleasure to meet some of you members of this Forum, indeed, and  speak  about Sci-Fi/Fantasy and Horror, for sure...

I will be in Columbus, Ohio, on 9th October, too, but I don't think I can go any further than that town in Ohio for this year, cause of lack of time...but Columbus, in the evening, could be a good place to meet...

Just let me know...  

Smiley Smiley Wink

View Profile   IP Logged
Gary A. Markette
YaBB Administrator

I Love AR

Re: Planning holidays in North America 2014...
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2014, 11:58am

Both Webbie and I live in the Columbus area and would LOVE to meet you. Please let us know where you will be staying and where you would like to meet. Jean Goldstrom doesn't live too far away (Pittsburgh) as well.

View Profile   IP Logged
ente per ente

Italy
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2014, 5:28am

That's wonderful!!! Finally we'll get the chance to meet in person...and it will be great, indeed...eh,eh Cheesy..that will be the first meeting ( with drinks...) among members of Aphelion Magazine Forum, Quantum Muse Magazine and AnotheRealm Magazine!!!A lot of fun!!!

I'll stay in the area next to COSI Museum and the Ohio Theatre downtown, of course some details more will follow as soon as I get confirmation from the hotel...stay tuned for my PMs over the course of the next weeks...eh,eh... Smiley Smiley Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Gary A. Markette
YaBB Administrator

I Love AR

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2014, 6:17am

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Webbie:  Hope you're available.

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2014, 11:25pm

A Thursday night. Sounds like a posibility.

Its always interesting to meet online friends in person.

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ente per ente

Italy
Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2014, 3:08am

There will be seven of us so far, Aphelion/AnotheRealm/Quantum Muse members included...eh,eh...details will follow next week, probably, as the restaurant or venue for dinner to be chosen will be in the area next to the museum/theathre above indicated, as far as I was told... Smiley

I'll try to bring also some European sweets/chocolate as a gift from Europe for all the people that will be at the meeting, if my napsack/bag doesn't weigh too much or if the customs officers don't seize and eat them before, anyway...eh,eh Grin Grin Grin

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2014, 8:02pm

Sounds like quite a mix of people. Ought to be interesting to say the least.  :)

-W
ente per ente

Italy
Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2014, 3:27am

The details of the meeting were sent today... just waiting for Your kind reply, of course...eh,eh Wink

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2014, 6:55pm

ente per ente wrote on Sep 29th, 2014, 3:27am:
The details of the meeting were sent today... just waiting for Your kind reply, of course...eh,eh Wink

Sounds good to me. I get off from my day job about 5pm and it's about 40 minutes to get to town from there. So anytime after 6pm should be about right.

-W
ente per ente

Italy
Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2014, 3:21am

That's perfect, indeed!!! So we'll be waiting for both of you around 6:00 PM on the date and at the restaurant indicated in my previous PM, inside the hotel!!!

See you there and let's have fun, of course!!! Smiley Cheesy Cool

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #10 - Oct 1st, 2014, 5:53pm

Sounds like a plan. Nothing more dangerous than a man with a plan! Smiley

-W
ente per ente

Italy
Reply #11 - Oct 2nd, 2014, 4:43am

Grin Grin Grin

A famous saying:

"Life is all about how you handle Plan B..."

Grin Grin Cool

View Profile   IP Logged
ente per ente

Italy
Reply #12 - Oct 9th, 2014, 9:37am

I just sent You all a PM today to inform that the name of the restaurant has changed, now that`s the Capital Club Restaurant, same place, and same hour as planned, as the other name doesn`t  exist anymore...eh,eh Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #13 - Oct 10th, 2014, 6:15pm

The meeting went off as planned. Had a great time talking with all the people.

Thank you Sergio for the fine chocolates, they are delicious! Chocolate isn't the same in the USA. Different ingredients or something.

Great talking with you!

Nice also meeting people from the other zines. Got some new perspectives on the things they are doing and feedback on the writing craft itself.

All in all I have to say this was a win for everybody.

Thanks again Sergio for taking the time to stop in on our little corner of the world.  :)

-W
ente per ente

Italy
Reply #14 - Oct 17th, 2014, 3:31am

As I'm back to Italy again, I must say that it was really a pleasure to meet you all in Columbus, Ohio, indeed!!!

It was a great time to speak about Sci-Fi/Fantasy and Horror, in general, and to meet in person writers like you, along with other members of Aphelion. Thanks also for the paper copy of the magazines you gave me, and I'm glad you liked the gifts...truth to be said, chocolate is much better in Switzerland, Austria and Belgium in Europe than it appears to be in Italy so far...eh,eh Grin...and the American dinner was very good, the venue chosen was wondrous and very characteristic, for sure!!! Cool

To next time, maybe in Dayton or nearby, who knows...eh,eh Smiley Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #15 - Oct 18th, 2014, 11:41am

It's nice that you have vacation time to visit so far from home. In the USA not as much vacation time as in Europe so trips to other countries is a bit rarer than in Europe.

Of course most people in the USA don't have passports either. Getting one takes a month or so. Most people don't bother as Canada and Mexico don't require them for US citizens. Neither do the other vacation spots such as the Bahamas or the tourist trap Caribbean Islands that some use for Honeymoon trips and the like.

I have to agree with the chocolate statement. In the USA they apparently ban certain ingredients which make the difference in how yummy they are.  :(

-W
ente per ente

Italy
Reply #16 - Oct 24th, 2014, 7:41am

You're lucky that you have to wait only a month or so for a new passport, as here in Italy things are much longer, if everything goes well, and I mean when the offices - and it happens...- don't lose your photos, personal documents and so on, of course...eh,eh Grin Grin Grin

And here is the first photo of the first part of the meeting (with drinks...) that very kind Michele "Bottomdweller" put online on Aphelion Forum recently... Smiley Smiley

More will follow, certainly!!!
Wink Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #17 - Oct 28th, 2014, 10:37pm

Nice pic.

We do look like a sane and well mannered bunch, don't we?

As opposed to some of the looks we got when people walking by heard snippets of conversation. Vampires. Werewolves, Aliens. Some of the passerby's double takes were priceless!  ;D

We were in top form!

It was fun talking to others about genre topics and plot lines. Trends in the zine world and other, to some, mundane topics.

-W
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print