Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rockland by Teresa Dovalpage (Read 1406 times)
gschaade

I Love AR

Rockland by Teresa Dovalpage
Aug 23rd, 2013, 12:41pm

I really liked this story. All the background information gave life to the main character. There was a lot going on here...Linda's relationship to the soil, her feelings for a lost love and a lost child, and her changing feelings for the "perfect people" and the killer rocks.  But I found myself asking lots of questions. How can an asteroid have an atmosphere? Are the Acorns clones? How do the rocks move? I guess I would have liked to have seen a little more Science in the Science Fiction. But overall a great story, Teresa. Give us more.

View Profile   IP Logged
balero
Anotherealm Newbies

I Love AR

Re: Rockland by Teresa Dovalpage
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2014, 12:08am

Rocklands was basically a story of invasion like man's lunar adventure. We came we saw we conquered.  And of course every story has it's strong points. This one the fact that the invaders very often get swallowed up by the vanquished.  After all if we mix with alien's as an example, we get to try flying saucer rides.  In this case she experiences
the truth of becoming a part of the earth.  Interesting!
balero

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print