Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need comments! (Read 1319 times)
Gary A. Markette
YaBB Administrator

I Love AR

Need comments!
Aug 21st, 2013, 7:10am

As most of you know, anotherealm is a paying venue. We don't pay enough, however, to keep an author's interest and encourage readers' postings. For that, we need to depend on you. Our last two front page stories garnered exactly zero comment. Now, maybe that's because I have done a poor job in selecting the featured tales. If so, tell me! I can't improve if I don't know that I'm doing a lousy job. If that's not the case, I am officially BEGGING our readers to comment on our front page stories. C'mon, folks! Your commentary is the most valuable part of the way we pay our writers. Take a moment and comment.

Please? Huh

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Re: Need comments!
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2013, 1:18pm

I usually refrain from commenting (even though I do sometimes) as I don't wish to seem biased. That being said our writers work hard on their stories and could use a comment or two from you the reader. Let them know what you did or didn't like about their efforts.

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Adrienne_Ray

I Love AR

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2013, 4:17pm

I think we used to be more candid about the stories. Maybe we are afraid of hurting each others feelings.
I welcome criticisms of my stories. If there's some way my stories can be improved, by all means tell me. I come from a big family and we tell each other everything.
We all ought to make a gentleman's (and ladies') agreement that any criticisms will be made and taken with the idea of improving the story. If you think your story is perfect and can't be improved on, you should let us know in some polite way. And any criticisms should be constructive and without ridicule.
Also, if you want to say, 'Some online gamer spam! What a great story! I was blown away by the ending! Who knew the baby was a vampire!!' make sure you place a spoiler alert first.

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2013, 1:06pm

A thoughtful reply.

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged