Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Unusual post: Geiko checks your credit before issuing insurance (Read 900 times)
Gary A. Markette
YaBB Administrator

I Love AR

Unusual post: Geiko checks your credit before issuing insurance
Feb 13th, 2013, 1:20am

Recently, I was exploring the possibility of changing my car insurer. I visited the Geico site and completed their online application. Somewhere in the haze of poorly-written, badly designed information was a notice that Geico would check credit bureau ratings while preparing a quote.

Now, my credit rating is bad because of tragedies that have made my life difficult to say the least. Had I read or seen Geico's credit checking policy, I would never have continued to inquire about insurance at their site. I post this to let AR's readers know that Geico follows this practice and other insurers probably do as well. (Although I applied at several other websites and did not encounter this issue.) I think the practice appalling and another example of our diminishing privacy in today's world.

To those of you I count as friends: don't consider Geico as your auto insurer. If Geico is already your insurer, consider changing providers. Further, I am boycotting all products that co-sponsor any entertainment with Geico. (Big deal; I don't watch TV.)

I hope I am not violating an AR policy by posting this. I leave that to Webbie. If I have inadvertently erred, I'm sure he'll remove this post. For now though: down with Geico! Squish a lizard this week!

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Re: Unusual post: Geiko checks your credit before issuing insurance
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2013, 12:54pm

Quote:
Squish a lizard this week!
 LOL!!

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ente per ente

Italy
Re: Unusual post: Geiko checks your credit before issuing insurance
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2013, 5:54am

The following funny statement about insurance could be helpful... Wink

"Insurance is the only product that both the seller and buyer hope is never actually used."

by Uknown Grin Grin

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print