Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WSFA Small Press Award (Read 961 times)
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
WSFA Small Press Award
Jan 29th, 2013, 1:47pm

WSFA Small Press Award Committee is accepting nominations for its 2013 Award for stories published in 2012.  The submission period will close on April 5.

The Washington Science Fiction Association [www.wsfa.org] has established a literary award to honor the work done by small presses in promoting and preserving science fiction. The award, now in its seventh year, is given annually for short fiction works (17,500 words or fewer) of imaginative literature (e.g., science fiction, fantasy, horror, speculative fiction or like literature) published by a small press. Stories may be nominated by SF authors and small press publishers. Details of the nomination process and contact information can be found at [www.wsfasmallpressaward.org].  If you have any question email: admin (at) wsfasmallpressaward (dot) org.

Deadline is April 5 2013

Anotherealm does qualify as a small press publisher for the purposes of this contest. Any takers?

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Jeangoldstrom
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I Love AR

Re: WSFA Small Press Award
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2013, 7:10pm

Webbie, thanks for the heads-up on the small press program at the Washington SF Club. They are definitely a big-time group, so hope AR sends some submissions. I'm definitely going to send some from WhP -- in fact, I can guess right now which three stories they will be. I would love to see our writers get some more recognition. And if none of them get a prize, I will know the contest is fixed!

-- Jean

P.S. BTW, where did my post on Gene-Michael Higney's new book go? I told Ann Garett I would post it here, for anyone who knew/remembers our dear GM.

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Re: WSFA Small Press Award
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2013, 9:56am

Jeangoldstrom wrote on Jan 29th, 2013, 7:10pm:
Webbie, thanks for the heads-up on the small press program at the Washington SF Club. They are definitely a big-time group, so hope AR sends some submissions. I'm definitely going to send some from WhP -- in fact, I can guess right now which three stories they will be. I would love to see our writers get some more recognition. And if none of them get a prize, I will know the contest is fixed!

-- Jean

P.S. BTW, where did my post on Gene-Michael Higney's new book go? I told Ann Garett I would post it here, for anyone who knew/remembers our dear GM.

http://anotherealm.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1359438601

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print