Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gene-Michael Higney, Anotherealm's Fiction Editor (Read 1027 times)
Jeangoldstrom
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I Love AR

Gene-Michael Higney, Anotherealm's Fiction Editor
Dec 14th, 2012, 6:47pm

Those of you who are AR veterans will remember our wonderful friend and writer, Gene-Michael Higney. He was a great contributor as well as our fiction editor. If you have the book "Anotherealm's Greatest Hits," you've read one of his stories there.

Alas, he had to leave this life all too soon, a few years ago. But his friend and co-author of many of his books, Ann Garett, wrote me this msg:
---------

This year many of Gene-Michael Higney's  books are going to come out as epubs on Kindle Direct Publishing at amazon.com. The first one of many in this series is called Horrorific. If all goes well it will come out on his birthday which is Jan. 2nd. For five days it will be a free download. I was hoping that you would be willing to download the book and then post a 5 star review of it. I was also hoping you would tell the Anotherealm people about it. I am trying to create a buzz for his work.
--------------------
This is Jean, again. Of course I would be happy to write a five-star review for _anything_ GM wrote, as he never wrote less than five stars! Stand by for more news on the revival of this wonderful writer's work.

Cheers to Ann for making it happen!

-- Jean

P.S. You can see a sample of his work on the opening screen at http://WhortleberryPress.com. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where we have several "evergreen" favorites. "How to Promote Your Work" is a gem written by GM. Enjoy!

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Re: Gene-Michael Higney, Anotherealm's Fiction Editor
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2012, 4:18am

What a great idea!

I always did like his stories, weird and quirky as they were. I've got one of his e-book cd's around here somewhere. A good read!

I'm sure we can get some kind of link going here. Keep us posted as to where and what.

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Jeangoldstrom
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I Love AR

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2012, 7:14pm

Will do!
-- Jean

View Profile   IP Logged
Gary A. Markette
YaBB Administrator

I Love AR

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2012, 4:26am

Gene Michael was a wonderful person and a superb writer. He honored me with a collaboration on a short fantasy piece. If I can find it, I will re-post it. I will also wait with pleasure for the release of his work. I can think iof no one better to review his fine stories than Jean. I am blessed to know them both.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print