Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More Phillip K. Dick adaptations on the way (Read 770 times)
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
More Phillip K. Dick adaptations on the way
Nov 17th, 2012, 5:34am

Philip K. Dick’s works are the basis for some of the most memorable genre films of our time.

From Blade Runner to Minority Report, from Total Recall to Adjustment Bureau, the films of Philip K. Dick’s novels are odd and classic. While they may not be quite as thought provoking and challenging as the original novels themselves, they are a gold-mine of cultural questions and societal messages.

In the past, the films have been of varied quality, with some becoming touchstones of genre quality, like Blade Runner, and other becoming forgettable depth-flicks with little real value, like Paycheck. This because each film was a completely separate process with the rights being acquired and managed by each a different studio.

This is changing  with the creation of Electric Shepherd Productions, a production company serving directly as an arm of the Dick estate, and operating under the estate’s direct control. Electric Shepherd has signed a first-look deal with Anonymous Content to bring more of Dick’s works to the small and silver screen, with more quality control than in the past.

More here: http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/67538-more-phillip-k-dick-adaptations-on-th...

Interesting news for fans and sci-fi buffs alike. So many of the classics never make it to the silver screen.

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
monsoonster

I Love AR

Re: More Phillip K. Dick adaptations on the way
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2013, 9:00pm

Webbie wrote on Nov 17th, 2012, 5:34am:
Philip K. Dick’s works are the basis for some of the most memorable genre films of our time.

From Blade Runner to Minority Report, from Total Recall to Adjustment Bureau, the films of Philip K. Dick’s novels are odd and classic. While they may not be quite as thought provoking and challenging as the original novels themselves, they are a gold-mine of cultural questions and societal messages.

In the past, the films have been of varied quality, with some becoming touchstones of genre quality, like Blade Runner, and other becoming forgettable depth-flicks with little real value, like Paycheck. This because each film was a completely separate process with the rights being acquired and managed by each a different studio.

This is changing  with the creation of Electric Shepherd Productions, a production company serving directly as an arm of the Dick estate, and operating under the estate’s direct control. Electric Shepherd has signed a first-look deal with Anonymous Content to bring more of Dick’s works to the small and silver screen, with more quality control than in the past.

More here: http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/67538-more-phillip-k-dick-adaptations-on-th...

Interesting news for fans and sci-fi buffs alike. So many of the classics never make it to the silver screen.

"A Scanner Darkly" was brilliant. Everything about it. From the actors to the presentation. Genius. Made me feel higher than I was when I watched it. As one of the professional reviewers put it:

Quote:
For science fiction fans who prefer ideas over laser battles, this is the most meticulous and faithful movie adaptation of Dick's work -- and one of the most thoughtful.

Peter Hartlaub, San Francisco Chronicle

And another:

Quote:
This straightforward version of Dick's anguished vision of drug-addled addiction makes Naked Lunch seem positively romantic.

J. Hoberman, Village Voice

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print