Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Best so far? (Read 1369 times)
Gary A. Markette
YaBB Administrator

I Love AR

Best so far?
Aug 15th, 2012, 1:08am

We are approaching our reading period at dear old anotherealm and I pose this question: Has this year's collection of stories been the best under my imprimature? Virtually every story thus far this year has been well received. I don't think we've posted one "clunker." Our lineup of authors -- a mix of newbies and old favorites -- have made 2012  memorable. My heartfelt thanks goes to all of them. As I look toward the future -- and the huge pile of stories I have to read for 2013 -- I can't help but echo Old Blue Eyes (Frank Sinatra) and hope that "The Best is Yet To Come." All my best to all as we move toward the fall.
/\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Re: Best so far?
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2012, 3:58pm

I have to agree, every story so far has been a good one!
But then again last year wasn't so bad either.

I have to hold my vote for the best year ever until  we have a few more of them.  :)

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ahmedakhan
Anotherealm Newbies
Front Page Author

I Love AR

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2012, 4:01pm

I add my voice to webbie's in agreeing that not a single selected story this year has been a dud or even close to one. But on the other hand, in my honest opinion, there were no "Some online gamer spam!" stories either.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jeangoldstrom
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I Love AR

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2012, 7:13pm

Hard to compare "this year" with "any other year." But IMO several stories this year were outstanding. I'm thinking of Alyson Cresswell's "The Wizard Maker;" Terry Oparka's "Incantation," and "Tough Negotiator," by George Schaade. These definitely rate some gold stars, I think.

I would just have to say, another outstanding year for dear ol' AR.

-- Jean

P.S. Ahmed, I have been caught by that "some gamer spam" thing, too. It happens when you use the word "w. o. w." (Let's see if I got away with it.) Do you suppose there are that many gamers on this forum?

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2012, 5:44am

Quote:
P.S. Ahmed, I have been caught by that "some gamer spam" thing, too. It happens when you use the word "w. o. w." (Let's see if I got away with it.) Do you suppose there are that many gamers on this forum?

It's not about the gamers, its about the relentless spammers. We seem to be an attractive target for some obscure reason.. Why the registration got shut down was people were registering 20 - 50 accounts to use for spamming the board. Deleting them was a pain in the @#$. So I just closed it down hoping they would loose interest and move on.

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print