Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello (Read 4062 times)
monsoonster

I Love AR

Hello
Sep 18th, 2011, 7:26pm

Hello. I'm new to the site, although I did travel here a few years ago. From a link on a friend's blog about a friend of a friend of a... You get the point. Someone I didn't know, in other words. I came but never became involved. More of a reader than a writer. Gave that up years ago.

Name's Dennis Wilson. Go by the monicker monsoonster. I don't come on the internet very often. Can't stand the viciousness of people on news articles or other sites. Although writing sites, as evidenced here, have gotten very quiet in recent years. (RANT ALERT!) I suspect that is due to the dumbing down of people who prefer to use "social networks" like facebook or twitter to grafitti their nonsensical and incomprehensible thought processes upon one another. (shiver) If you go out in public, you hear people gibber seemingly nonstop. On the computer, 140 characters is the way to go. And don't get me started on spelling and grammatical use... "Wons upon a time..." I see words misused and misspelled in ways I could never imagined possible. Guess I have a small imagination, huh?

I like vampire stories, as a rule; as well as some shows (Buffy, Trueblood). I used to dress up as a vampire, black nails and everything. I looked more like a Type-O Negative fan, more than anything, though. I'm not a werewolf fan, nor a mummy fan. I am a new Dr Who fan. Even have seen the very first three broadcasts, done in 1963. I like Torchwood. Almost everything the BBC and Canada has to offer are excellent.

Oops. Sorry. Wrote more than I meant.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gary A. Markette
YaBB Administrator

I Love AR

Re: Hello
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2011, 9:46am

Welcome aboard. Stay a while. I think you'll find this a friendly, writing-oriented place. We've been around for some time and have a fairly favorable reputation in the online writing community. We don't get many (any?) famous folks, but those we do get seem to enjoy themselves.

Keep posting, keep reading, and send us a story or two.

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2011, 2:59pm

Greetings!

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
John Gilbert

San Francisco Bay Area
Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2011, 6:22pm

monsoonster wrote on Sep 18th, 2011, 7:26pm:

Ha!  WRITING is the one thing that is completely okay here!  In fact, they even ENCOURAGE it here.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

John Gilbert

View Profile   IP Logged
monsoonster

I Love AR

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2011, 7:30pm

Gary A. Markette wrote on Sep 19th, 2011, 9:46am:
Welcome aboard. Stay a while. I think you'll find this a friendly, writing-oriented place. We've been around for some time and have a fairly favorable reputation in the online writing community. We don't get many (any?) famous folks, but those we do get seem to enjoy themselves.

Keep posting, keep reading, and send us a story or two.

Thanks. I'll stick around. People seems friendly... So far. HA! Kidding. I read your flagship. '95 IS a long time on the internet. As far as writing... Been many a moon since I tried my hand. I used to cry over the vicious comments  concerning my ffeeble attempts. But who knows.... I might rub two sticks together and create smoke, but I doubt much fire.   Smiley  Thanks again.

View Profile   IP Logged
monsoonster

I Love AR

Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2011, 7:31pm

Webbie wrote on Sep 19th, 2011, 2:59pm:
Greetings!

Greetings in return.   Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
monsoonster

I Love AR

Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2011, 7:32pm

John Gilbert wrote on Sep 19th, 2011, 6:22pm:
monsoonster wrote on Sep 18th, 2011, 7:26pm:

Ha!  WRITING is the one thing that is completely okay here!  In fact, they even ENCOURAGE it here.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

John Gilbert

I'll try and remember that. Sometimes I do wax a bit much.  

Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
ente per ente

Italy
Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2011, 12:24am

Welcome to  AnotheRealm  Forum!!! Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
monsoonster

I Love AR

Reply #8 - Sep 25th, 2011, 10:26pm