Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists (Read 1219 times)
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists
Aug 18th, 2011, 5:12pm

From the "You just can't make this stuff up department......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/aug/18/aliens-destroy-humanity-protect-ci...

Rising greenhouse emissions may tip off aliens that we are a rapidly expanding threat, warns a report for Nasa

It may not rank as the most compelling reason to curb greenhouse gases, but reducing our emissions might just save humanity from a pre-emptive alien attack, scientists claim.

Watching from afar, extraterrestrial beings might view changes in Earth's atmosphere as symptomatic of a civilisation growing out of control – and take drastic action to keep us from becoming a more serious threat, the researchers explain.

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Gary A. Markette
YaBB Administrator

I Love AR

Re: Aliens may destroy humanity to protect other civilisations, say scientists
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2011, 5:58am

Wonder who generated this report for NASA? Could his initials be AG, perhaps? Like most who frequent our little website, I love science fiction and applaud imagination. Consequently, this latest screed from the global warmers (or is it climate changers?) tickles me. Howzabout a story or two from younz guys (my Pittsburgh-ese coming to the fore) on this theme. You have time to submit before we close for the year. Grin

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2011, 10:42am

Great idea Gary! How about the next contest theme?

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
monsoonster

I Love AR

Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2011, 1:41am

At one time, wasn't it the world's nuclear testing that was sending signals to aliens, telling them of our "intelligence"? I use the term loosely.

The world seems bent on destroying itself since the world seems to love its Alpha Dog personality types leading anything; the bigger the lie, the more eager we are to swallow it and follow like good little pups.

Actually, aliens don't have to destroy this world, as feared in the spate of fifties movies. We are more than willing to do it to ourselves by setting loose the Alpha Dogs. Wanna see a real werewolf? Look at any political figure taking center stage anywhere in the world. Their silver moon is money.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print