Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Young Blood (new newbie) (Read 4202 times)
Matt
Anotherealm Newbies

Writing is breathing
for the soul

Uk
Young Blood (new newbie)
May 17th, 2011, 8:03am

Hello my name is Matt (evidently guessable from my User name)

I'm an amatuer writer, if I can even call myself that but I have a passion for literature in most of its guises. I'm English born and bred and only recently discovered AR, however I am now officially hooked.

Looking forward to learning, reading and discussing these fascinating texts in more detail.

Cheers, Matt

View Profile   IP Logged
Jeangoldstrom
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I Love AR

Re: Young Blood (new newbie)
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2011, 7:20pm

Welcome, Matt! Pull up a chair here in our virtual clubhouse. There are some good snacks on the table, and I suspect Webbie will gladly pour you something from the bar. Relax and enjoy!
-- Jean

View Profile   IP Logged
Matt
Anotherealm Newbies

Writing is breathing
for the soul

Uk
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2011, 2:14am

Thank you very much for the warm welcome Jean. I could be probably tempted to try a pint of Prachett or failing that Cider always goes down nicely ^^

Cheers, Matt

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #3 - May 19th, 2011, 1:37pm

Glad your enjoying!

Try your hand at a story...
http://anotherealm.org/

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Matt
Anotherealm Newbies

Writing is breathing
for the soul

Uk
Reply #4 - May 19th, 2011, 1:44pm

Thanks Webbie I will do soon I promise, I'm just typo editting some of my work currently ^^

Cheers, Matt

View Profile   IP Logged
Gary A. Markette
YaBB Administrator

I Love AR

Reply #5 - May 20th, 2011, 1:30am

Let me add a belated welcome aboard. I love your avatar: swashbuckling kitties have always inspired me. We have lots of tales for you to enjoy and relish our reputation as a fun and friendly place on the 'Net. Hoist a grog for me, matey, and settle in for smooth seas and a following wind. Looking forward to seeing a submission from you.

View Profile   IP Logged
Matt
Anotherealm Newbies

Writing is breathing
for the soul

Uk
Reply #6 - May 20th, 2011, 4:28am

Thanks Gary. The avatar was just one of the ones available but I was automatically drawn to it. I will do my best to get something submission worthy soon.

Cheers, Matt

View Profile   IP Logged
C.N.Pitts

I Love AR

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2011, 7:27pm

Greets.! Love the Pratchett reference, but I've learned over the years that this place is waaaaaaay more Robert Rankin, lol!

Hands down, this is the best forum on the 'net and the best place in the world to try and launch yourself as a writer. I actually, up until I gave it up for personal reasons, had a hell of a run that started right here on AR. We're talking signing autographs, having NY Times bestselling authors (Peter Straub) bumming cigarettes off of me at parties in San Fransisco, becoming a character in 3 different mass market paperbacks, and meeting a ton of actors and celebs that I have worshiped since childhood... the lot.

It's a hell of a business, this, but... right up until I had to walk away from it, I had an awesome career going. And it all started right here, with Webbie and Jean and Gary. (and Deb, who needs to come back, dammit! lol)

Ar was the best thing that ever happened to me. And with some luck, it may be again. (here's to hoping).

Welcome to the beginning of your career.  ;)

View Profile   IP Logged
Matt
Anotherealm Newbies

Writing is breathing
for the soul

Uk
Reply #8 - Jul 15th, 2011, 7:38am

Thanks C.N.Pitts. Here's hoping my feeble writing is the start of a career, Ideally I just need to pay the bills whilst doing something I love. Due to finishing exams and other mindless tediums associated with that thing that some call reality, I haven't really had chance to work on anything physical. However the old brain has been ticking away nicely and so hopefully I will be able to start producing work.

Cheers, Matt Garlick

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print