Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
THE FINALISTS! (Read 916 times)
Gary A. Markette
YaBB Administrator

I Love AR

THE FINALISTS!
Aug 30th, 2010, 6:37am

Bloodletting over, two scarrred warriors emerge from our field of 64 for one last tilt. These great champions are set to determine anotherealm's greatest series of all time. (Of course, as Jean pointed out, the two finalists are nothing like each other--one's sci-fi; one's fantasy and I suppose I could have found 64 fantasy and 64 sci fi series and I should have thought this thru more toroughly but only 5 people bothered to vote anyway so . . .) The whistle blows, the tip off is up, and our two contenders start their quest for the title. As usual, you decide by copying the two and erasing the loser:

JRR Tolien's Lord of the Rings
Robert Heinlein's Future History Series

Thanks to all who have participated.

View Profile   IP Logged
J. Davidson Hero

Wisconsin
Re: THE FINALISTS!
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2010, 6:07pm

Heinlein is one of my favorite Sci-Fi authors, and a decade of LOTR movies has left me a little tired of Tolkien to be truthful, but Tolkien's influence seems so massive.  I can't imagine the fantasy genre without LOTR.  It is such an important work.  I have to vote for Tolkien as much as I'd like to vote for Heinlein.  But a very hard choice indeed:

JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings

Gary, this was fun, even if there weren't a lot of participants.   Smiley

John

View Profile   IP Logged
ente per ente

Italy
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2010, 9:50pm

For  me,  Robert Heinlein's Future History Series...

Of course, I agree, Tolkien's influence is much  more massive, but  I  like  most  Heinlein's works, well, more  some specific  books by him- like  StarShipTroopers  or Stranger in a strange land,just to name a few...- than  Future History Series  itself  anyway...eh,eh Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2010, 10:52pm

I have to go with JRR.

But I also have to say I do not have the patience to actually run a contest over it.

Well done Gary!

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print