Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seaside on the Marshes by Adrienne Ray (Read 1472 times)
Adrienne_Ray

I Love AR

Seaside on the Marshes by Adrienne Ray
Jul 27th, 2010, 3:52pm

Okay, I have to set things straight before a local person smacks me upside my head.
This is why you should always listen to Rush.
Conventional wisdom was that the oil spill in the Gulf would pollute the coastline perhaps even up to Virginia. I thought I would be on the cutting edge and put the polution in my description of the coastline before it ever got here. Fortunately it seems that the hole has been plugged and the oil is dissipating.
So I apologise to any business on the Shore who is trying to attract the tourist dollar. To my knowledge there is no polution on the Shore and the fishing is fine. Okay, I went drum fishing and didn't catch a dang thing but I think  that was just me.
Rush said it wasn't going to be a big deal but I just wouldn't listen.....

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Re: Seaside on the Marshes by Adrienne Ray
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2010, 5:34am

I think the thing is that unlike the Valdez spill this was "light crude" which means it was more like vegetable oil than axle grease. Hence, lit tended to just evaporate. Thank God for little favors.

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
tarrat
Anotherealm Newbies

I Love AR

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2010, 8:48pm

Hello Adrienne -ray.  From your post, I assume you are from the Gulf region. As a fellow survivor along the Gulf, I enjoyed your contest story.   I hope you fared well after Katrina.  I have not had a chance to fish my favorite spots along Myrtle Grove or Cut off since the oil spill, but crabbing along Lake Pontchartrain seems unaffected.  Small miracles are always welcome. Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Adrienne_Ray

I Love AR

Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2010, 5:06pm

Dear Tarat, Actually, I am from Virginia. I panicked and thought we would get some of the pollution up this far. Thankfully, I was wrong. Our beaches are fine.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print