Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zombies as exercise motivation?!?!? (Read 1035 times)
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Zombies as exercise motivation?!?!?
Jun 28th, 2010, 9:52am

St. Charles bills itself as a place that "bursts with naturally charming adventures" where paddlewheel boats cruise the Fox River and pedestrians stroll safely through leafy parks.

So why are residents of the area drawn to a fitness course designed to improve their chances of survival in the event of a zombie invasion?

Rich Gatz, the 28-year-old lawyer who founded Zombiefit in October, says the program, which is built around the practice of parkour, attracts people because of its focus on "functional fitness." Parkour enthusiasts practice running, vaulting and climbing an obstacle course of structures found in an ordinary urban landscape.

You just can't make this stuff up!

More info here...
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-06-24/health/ct-play-st-charles-new-zomb...

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Adrienne_Ray

I Love AR

Re: Zombies as exercise motivation?!?!?
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2010, 7:20am

I am presently reading a book entitled "Cemetary Dance" by Preston and Child, and it's pretty good. Apparently the zombiis in this book are pretty spry. Not only can they run (although they look awful doing it) but they can jump from one swinging object to another. Someone in the article was saying that all you have to do to get away from a zombi is to power walk. Not so with the zombiis from Cemetary Dance.
After reading this article I am wondering if Gatz knows something we don't know....especially about St. Charles, Illinois.

View Profile   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2010, 3:38pm

The first Zombies (Night of the living dead) used to shamble along at a slow mindless shuffle. Hollywood now has them out running athletes and out smarting their victims as well.

Wonder how long it will be till they can fly?  ;D

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Adrienne_Ray

I Love AR

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2010, 3:29pm

"One female zombie wouldn't behave
She say she want me for her slave
In a one hand she hold a quart of wine
In another she's a pointing that she'll be mine
Folks I gotta run
For to love a zombie ain't no fun
I say 'oh no, my turtle dove this bag of bones I cannot love"
from Zombie Jamborree
Evidently zombies not only shuffle but they get shot down in singles bars as well.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print