Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Logan's Run remake in 3D (Read 889 times)
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Logan's Run remake in 3D
Jun 24th, 2010, 6:52am

It was reported recently that the 1976 science fiction classic Logan's Run, starring Michael York, is being remade. Now it's been confirmed by FirstShowing that British writer Alex Garland, the man behind 28 Days Later and Sunshine, is onboard and the remake will be filmed in the wildly popular 3D format (whether anyone likes it or not).

Logan's Run producer Joel Silver, who has produced Lethal Weapon, The Matrix and V for Vendetta, just to name a few, told MTV News that he would "like to make Logan's Run [in 3D]. It's a movie I've always been intrigued with, excited by. We're writing a script now, and that should be a big 3D movie, and it should be devised and shot in 3D."

more here http://sffmedia.com/films/science-fiction-films/544-writer-alex-garland-joins-3d...

Do they make any new movies in Hollywood?  :-?

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Baryon

I Love AR

Rome, Georgia
Re: Logan's Run remake in 3D
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2010, 8:51am

Has Hollywood run out of ideas? I'm all for new science fiction films, not so much 3D cause I don't like the glasses. but to constantly remake "Classics". Look at what they did to THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL! Remake SOYLENT GREEN or another film that might be relevant to today. Sad

Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Re: Logan's Run remake in 3D
Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2010, 8:32am

How about a 3-D version of "Flatland"?  :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

-W
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print