Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Anotherealm BBS
Click the logo above to go back to the main site.

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

You do have to register to post but you will be a better person for it.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Terrible Thing To Waste - download a free ebook copy! (Read 897 times)
Raymond Towers
Anotherealm Newbies

I Love AR

San Diego, CA
A Terrible Thing To Waste - download a free ebook copy!
Jan 15th, 2010, 12:02pm

Who am I?
My name is Raymond Towers, and through the years, I've posted ten stories here in Anotherealm.com, including 'Epic Fail' in the Jan. 2010 contest.
What am I doing?
I am sending a copy of my first novel, A Terrible Thing To Waste, upon request, to anyone who's willing to take a chance and read an something by an unknown author. The file is in Adobe PDF format, and I've attached it to this post, but in case this doesn't go through, you may request it through my email at monstertako@aol.com.
Why am I doing this?
I'm tired of jumping up and down and waving my arms trying to attract an agent or a publisher, only to have them return my synopsis and sample chapters without having even read them. And I'd rather not go through an on demand publisher and have them charge ten to fifteen dollars for it in book form. Nobody's even heard of me, for crying out loud, and they're expecting fifteen bucks a pop?
What's my problem, anyway?
I want to get back to my passion, writing. I have two other novels sitting on the back burner, and about 170 other stories and poems waiting to be revised and organized into books. I've wasted too much time trying to market myself, and my novel, and refuse to remain stagnant any longer. I might spoil or something.
If your novel sucks, where can I send the hate mail?
Visit me at myspace.com/monstertako, and let me know what you really think. I'm a man, I can take it (cringe). Seriously, I'm not a bad guy, once you get to know me. I've got some other stuff posted on my blog, including a synopsis for those of you not ready to commit, and who knows, maybe we can even get to be friends. In a long distance, platonic, talk to you in seven months, sort of way.
Well, I've taken up enough of your time. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the novel!
(Okay, my zip file isn't uploading, so don't be afraid to drop me an email.)

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Webbie
YaBB Administrator
Sponsor
Front Page Author

I love AR

Anotherealm
Re: A Terrible Thing To Waste - download a free ebook copy!
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2010, 1:53pm

I suspect your file size exceeds the limits for the BBS.
It wasn't really meant for a full size book, rather a short story.

Why not post it on your blog and put up a link to it here?

-W
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print